Neon Goby open mouth all time since I got him.

nloureg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, newbie on reef tanks here, I had fresh water african chiclid tanks, now I'm starting on reef tanks, I got this neon goby like 2 weeks and a half ago, in transportation he already was like this, but after all this time in my tank, he is still like this. Parameters are all good, alk, ph, phosphate, mag, O2, salinity, everything good, fully cycled tank (2 months of cycle, stabilized parameters, I got liverocks and biodigest since the first day to help on cycle and the couple of ocellaris are in the tank since the first day).

Animals in the tank are very active and eat a lot, I have 3 paguros, 3 papermint shrimps (they all come over when I'm feeding the clownfishes rsrs), 2 ocellaris clownfish. Just soft corals that are doing great but I've got a better light because I'm with the stock light of a HOPAR 10G tank, not good for reefs.

The neon goby moves around, but he doesn't eat when I feed my clownfishes he doesn't swim for food on surface, idk if he eats on the bottom but I think he does because he is alive for almost 3 weeks. Here are some vídeos of him, he always been like this, I gave him some time but nothing changes and he likes this spots on the vídeos. He seems good to you? This is normal?

Thank you!

Nicolas,

Attachments

• 20240513_200621.mp4
    17.2 MB
  • 20240513_200237.mp4
    12.7 MB

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 133 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back