Neon green tiny thing need help with what heck this is!

lazerben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this a coral? A bug? Algae? what the heck is this it was never there and just noticed it two days ago. This was not there i don’t know if it grew to that or I have no idea please somebody tell me what this is!!! No it does not move it stays there either. It looks like a skeletal structure of some sort I think.

image.jpg image.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks same colour as that torch in front of pic?
Maybe it fell off and self propogating?
I read torches just grow new heads so maybe not but seen a thread other day of a candy cane literally drooping off for 2 weeks like string then dropped off and started growing so probably some kind of coral you already have possibly ? But im new to all this so dont listen me ^_^

OP
OP
lazerben

lazerben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for helping! Umm so it’s not toadstool and I don’t think torch because it looks like it has a hard body but it’s possible it can be a mushroom or coralline algae. Let me use my coral feeder and touch it lightly to see if it’s indeed hard skeleton or not

OP
OP
lazerben

lazerben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks same colour as that torch in front of pic?
Maybe it fell off and self propogating?
I read torches just grow new heads so maybe not but seen a thread other day of a candy cane literally drooping off for 2 weeks like string then dropped off and started growing so probably some kind of coral you already have possibly ? But im new to all this so dont listen me ^_^

OP
OP
lazerben

lazerben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! UPDATE!!! It’s soft body not hard confirmed after lightly touching it. But it’s not a toadstool and not a torch because the polyps are totally different then this. It possible could be a mushroom but how can that color mushroom appear on that slab of rock 4 months after I bought it with the other shrooms on it? It’s also alive as it released mucus and stuck on there pretty good. What could this be?????

OP
OP
lazerben

lazerben

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my guess it could be some sort of scoly as I actually had scolys of this color and shape. Could this be?? Like sexually reproduced this tiny scoly? It also has a mouth in center it looks like

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it attached to the mushroom or can you knock it off?

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's likely a juvenile of the other mushrooms it's sharing the rock with. Depending on conditions it offspring may develop different colors to optimize their phtobiology to the new environment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 42 51.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.9%
Back