Neon Hydnophora

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone I'm trying to learn about this coral. I see it doing things or going thru stages that I would like to know if it's a problem or not. AllI can do is post these pics and let someone tell me as I'm new.
I will show a pic of a year ago when I got it and then some of what it does. You can see from some pics that at one time it was shrinking dam had a hole in the base but came right back. Other pictures that are from last night where it had white fuzzy blotches like in the pictures and they were more than that all over it after I left my wife tells me and then this morning like 3 hours before the blue lights came on and then this afternoon seemed fine again and as u can see the last picture a little while ago it was fine. But it seems like it's growing so is this normal?
Phil

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1530.JPG

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1585.JPG

IMG_1608.JPG

image.jpeg

IMG_1619.JPG

IMG_1623.JPG

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks nice and healthy to me. They will "retract" and not look fuzzy when disturbed. I don't know what that white web looking substance is though......is it from the Hydno or from somewhere else?
I do know that it will eventually cover that whole rock and take out just about anything in it's tracks. (from my experience) I have some big chunks of it in my frag tank and it does not bother anything close to it as long as it doesn't touch/grow into another coral.

OP
OP
Spdjnky

Spdjnky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first picture when it did that freaked me out then it was like nothing happened the fuzzy stuff was just last night and I have seen it do that allot in fact it seems like all of the pics and what it does all the time. But as u can see it's fine and for a year old I think

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back