Neonitro

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at dosing Neonitro and neophos to bring up my nitrates and phosphates. Do I really need to do all the below in conjunction? I feel like it is being overly complicated. I want to just dose and figure out my consumption rate so I can just dose daily/weekly/or however often will be needed.
This is off of bright wells website on how to use the “system”:

1. Using accurate test kits or calibrated digital testing devices, determine phosphate and nitrate concentrations in system. It is assumed that the nitrate concentration in the system is below detectable limits for the testing method being employed.

2. Apply NEONITRO as directed below to attain a nitrate concentration of ~3 ppm.

3. Allow 24-hours to elapse; re-test nitrate and phosphate concentrations. If concentrations remain unchanged, then the system is likely carbon-limited. Dose with REEF BIOFUEL at the rate of 1-ml per 25 US-gallons and allow 24-hours to elapse, then re-test phosphate and nitrate concentrations. Continue daily dosing with REEF BIOFUEL until phosphate or nitrate concentrations begin to decrease, indicating that the rate of carbon input to the system
matches the rate of phosphorus- or nitrogen-input, respectively.

4. If phosphate concentration decreases without addition of REEF BIOFUEL or use of KATALYST, nitrate concentration in the system will decrease. Continue dosing with NEONITRO to maintain nitrate concentration of
~3 - 5 ppm until phosphate concentration falls to within desired range (suggested 0.01 - 0.02 ppm). Thereafter, dose
with NEONITRO as required to maintain desired phosphate and nitrate concentrations.

Note: If at any time, dosing with NEONITRO results in a prolonged increase of nitrate concentration without gradual decrease as phosphate is taken up, system is likely carbon-limited (remedied by the application of REEF BIOFUEL or KATALYST to the system). Refer to Steps 3 and 4, or to our website (NEOPHOS "Technical" page). There has been more than one strength of NEONITRO that has been sold, so please refer to the number of gallons treated on the bottle.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell is quite annoying. They arguably make the worst instructions for any brand that is common in the reef hobby. That or they add ingredients that they don't list, or make a chemistry claim that is not possible. I like some of their products but holy **** they need to fire whoever writes the product descriptions and labels.

OP
OP
L

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brightwell is quite annoying. They arguably make the worst instructions for any brand that is common in the reef hobby. That or they add ingredients that they don't list, or make a chemistry claim that is not possible. I like some of their products but holy **** they need to fire whoever writes the product descriptions and labels.
Actually after further research I’m considering just buying lab grab sodium nitrate. Much cheaper

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for your reference, I had to double dose neophos and neonitro for weeks before seeing measurable numbers.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back