Brightwell NeoNitro & NeoPhos dosing - dillution?

CSAqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am currently running a ULNS system and I am having a brutal time keeping nitrates up. I am adding NeoNitro & NeoPhos from birghtwell to my dosing schedule with my dosing pump.

2 questions:

1. Has anyone or does anyone have any experience with diluting these solutions with RODI water? Similar to my 2part I would like to dilute these doses in the event of an accident/ to reduce the chance of overdosing.

2. In anyones experience do they recommend any Nitrate and Phosphate dosing products other than Brightwell. So far I have been very pleased with all the Brightwell products but I am using ATI elements pro for dosing and like that. Was looking at ATI Nutrition C,N,P. Anyone with any experience use with these?

Ty for the community support. Happy reefing!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can dilute them, and yes, I have other products that I think are both better (they have a purity assurance the Brightwell products lack) and cheaper.

Food grade sodium nitrate, calcium nitrate, ammonium chloride and ammonium bicarbonate are all good choices for N dosing.

Food grade sodium phosphate is a good choice for phosphate dosing.

OP
OP
C

CSAqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you can dilute them, and yes, I have other products that I think are both better (they have a purity assurance the Brightwell products lack) and cheaper.

Food grade sodium nitrate, calcium nitrate, ammonium chloride and ammonium bicarbonate are all good choices for N dosing.

Thank you very much.

Srfnhooker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Any writeups or recommendations to read for dosing the above mentioned choices. I'm somewhat new to all this and want to learn as much as I can. Thanks.

OP
OP
C

CSAqua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any writeups or recommendations to read for dosing the above mentioned choices. I'm somewhat new to all this and want to learn as much as I can. Thanks.

Second that. I was trying to do some digging and was curious about the mentioned ways of dosing nitrate and phosphate. For example is this the type of product you could use to dose nitrate:

Sodium Nitrate

If so, how you would you/ did you discern how much product to use to get the proper dosage?

Thank you in advance.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonium dosing is detailed here:

for sodium and calcium nitrate, use this calculator and use the selection for nitrate from potassium nitrate. It will be close enough. The exact dosing concentration doesn't matter as long as it all dissolves.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back