Neptune Apex Help

JsLevine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently installed a Neptune A3 Apex, and can’t activate the heartbeat. Due to unreliable connection, I have already made sure that it’s only connected to the 2.4 gh wifi and reset wifi. But for whatever reason the it won’t establish a good enough connection to enable the heartbeat feature. Anyone else had this issue?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had that specific issue no, but many other WiFi related issues with he A3 Pro. In the end I caved in, drilled three holes in my house from the main router to the Apex. Never looked back after installing it via LAN connection - and I haven't had any access issues since. It's been almost a year. Living the dream now!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JsLevine

JsLevine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had that specific issue no, but many other WiFi related issues with he A3 Pro. In the end I caved in, drilled three holes in my house from the main router to the Apex. Never looked back after installing it via LAN connection - and I haven't had any access issues since. It's been almost a year. Living the dream now!
I wish I could do this but for now I am in an apartment no drilling holes for me. Wish the wifi was good enough to reach all of 15 feet across the room

Upvote 0

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish I could do this but for now I am in an apartment no drilling holes for me. Wish the wifi was good enough to reach all of 15 feet across the room
There's nothing wrong with your WiFi sadly, it's a well known issue with the Apex unit! :face-without-mouth:

Upvote 0

OctaviusBrine

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently installed a Neptune A3 Apex, and can’t activate the heartbeat. Due to unreliable connection, I have already made sure that it’s only connected to the 2.4 gh wifi and reset wifi. But for whatever reason the it won’t establish a good enough connection to enable the heartbeat feature. Anyone else had this issue?
How long has it been connected? I know I had to wait a few days for the heartbeat to work.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
JsLevine

JsLevine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has it been connected? I know I had to wait a few days for the heartbeat to work.
It has been up for 8 days now and the unit sits 15 feet from my modem but on the opposite side of the room. So I can not hard wire it in a nice enough way. I do have a modem that had a combined 2.4 and 5G band but I was able to separate them and connect Apex only to the 2.4. Unless there is something within the modem settings that is a known issue with apex I can change I am afraid I might have to go without heartbeat.

Attachments

• C85415D9-6616-4B3D-A89D-364ED7B7BAC5.png
    C85415D9-6616-4B3D-A89D-364ED7B7BAC5.png
    199.5 KB · Views: 13
Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 90 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.1%
Back