Neptune Apex Probe Connection Errors (during calibrations) both ph and salinity

Deej1534

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a Neptune apex controller with aquabus for my 210 gallon reef tank. Worked great for the first week and after the probes broke in after 1 week of use I went to calibrate them. The night before calibration the system went down due to a random wifi connection error and now I can’t calibrate either probe. I keep getting communication errors from both probes during calibration and can’t complete the test. The salinity probe is stuck at 3.0 and the ph isn’t doing much better constantly changing with no real pattern. At this point I am wondering if the apex unit is bad. If so I want to send it back as I just got it and it’s under warranty. Is anyone else having issues like this and know how to fix it?

BD84BA9A-4691-4E0F-95C9-D7D3699B9CA4.png

OP
OP
Deej1534

Deej1534

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disable both probe modules in Fusion, disconnect both probe modules from the Apex, reboot the Apex, plug both probes back in and enable. Try recalibration again.
I tried this earlier but I don’t think I had both probes disconnected when I reset. Let me try again doing that.

OP
OP
Deej1534

Deej1534

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Disable both probe modules in Fusion, disconnect both probe modules from the Apex, reboot the Apex, plug both probes back in and enable. Try recalibration again.
i had to send the apex back. The system still wasn’t working today and the orp probe started acting funny today too. Communication errors on all the probes and the system kept disconnection from the wifi :/ luckily brs replaced it for free and is overnighting me a new one arriving tomorrow. Quick question should k Cali rate the probes before use or let them break in for a week? I waited last time and wonder if was supposed to or not

brmc1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had to send the apex back. The system still wasn’t working today and the orp probe started acting funny today too. Communication errors on all the probes and the system kept disconnection from the wifi :/ luckily brs replaced it for free and is overnighting me a new one arriving tomorrow. Quick question should k Cali rate the probes before use or let them break in for a week? I waited last time and wonder if was supposed to or not
I always take mine out of the solution and rinse in rodi then let them soak in rodi for a day and then do the whole calibration thing.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back