Neptune Apex - Program "alarm delay"?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers / Control freaks :p

I have a fairly elaborate Apex setup going on with audible alarms programmed for a number of equipment incl. my flow meters.

I am experiencing at random times that the indication of flow will drop below the set alarm point for just a second or so triggering an audible alarm on my system.

Q: Is there a way to add to the coding some alarm delay? Ie. if flow is less than X for 5 seconds, then alarm?

> I reckon I can use the "defer" line ; but can i make it apply to only some lines of code?

Cheers!

Below my current code:

Set OFF
Fallback ON
If LEAK_1 CLOSED Then ON
If LEAK_2 CLOSED Then ON
If LEAK_3 CLOSED Then ON
If Tmp > 81.0 Then ON
If pH > 8.50 Then ON
If ORP > 440 Then ON
If Output RETURN_PUMP = OFF Then ON
If Output SKIMMER Watts < 1 Then ON
If ATK_HI CLOSED Then ON
If Error ATK_PMUP Then ON
If ATO < 35.0 Then ON
If SUMP > 22.0 Then ON
>>> If FL_RET < 1200 Then ON <<<
>>> If FL_UV < 350 Then ON <<<

If ALK > 10.00 Then ON
Defer 010:00 Then OFF

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see, you would have to change your defer command to "on" instead of "off". 5 minutes may be better as well.
This will allow alarms to repeat though, instead of turning off after the 10 minutes you have.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I see, you would have to change your defer command to "on" instead of "off". 5 minutes may be better as well.
This will allow alarms to repeat though, instead of turning off after the 10 minutes you have.
The defer line I have is meant for the buzzer to stop after 10 minutes if no one is in the house. The neighbours have complained :p

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The defer line I have is meant for the buzzer to stop after 10 minutes if no one is in the house. The neighbours have complained :p
Not sure if you can use another defer command right below the flow commands. But could be a neat experiment. The list does matter, as the top commands supercede the lower ones.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you can use another defer command right below the flow commands. But could be a neat experiment. The list does matter, as the top commands supercede the lower ones.
So like "DEFER 000:05 THEN ON" for 5 second delay?

Can just do it for all; can't think of anything so important that I can't do with a 5 second delay

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like "DEFER 000:05 THEN ON" for 5 second delay?

Can just do it for all; can't think of anything so important that I can't do with a 5 second delay
It depends on how long the flow is usually below the alarm point, but you can always increase it if too low. Not sure if two defer commands will work, but I am curious now and may try it myself.

OP
OP
CasperOe

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It depends on how long the flow is usually below the alarm point, but you can always increase it if too low. Not sure if two defer commands will work, but I am curious now and may try it myself.
I am sitting on the other side of the planet as to where the tank is- so if it doesn't work properly the missis will most likely shout at me over the phone :p

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back