OP
OP

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**On a side note, you also need to put "Set on" on your outlet to ensure that it goes back on! You deleted that in your second photo**

My assumption for power monitoring is that you have the newer apex with an EB832 power bar; the orange and gray one. This will NOT work with the older EB8 power bars (All black metal). You can program the skimmer to turn off if the return pump is not drawing normal power on its outlet. If you unplug the return pump, it will no longer draw power, and thus this code would work.

New line of code: If Output RetPump_2_3 Watts < 10 Then OFF

To summarize what I think your code for a skimmer should be, to get the features you describe:

Fallback Off
Set on
If output Retpump_2_3 = off then off
If output RetPump_2_3 Watts < 10 Then OFF
If power apex off 000 then off
Defer 5:00 then on

However, I still do not understand why you are physically unplugging the pump. You can shut if off by changing the return pump outlet to the OFF position on your dashboard, in which case the skimmer would also turn off due to the code people described before.
Thanks for the help with the power monitoring and code, much appreciated. I’m trying to program like this since my I phone screen I cannot seem to be able to slide the slider to off on the dashboard. I will buy a tablet soon which should solve the problem.

OP
OP

1Bigfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**On a side note, you also need to put "Set on" on your outlet to ensure that it goes back on! You deleted that in your second photo**

My assumption for power monitoring is that you have the newer apex with an EB832 power bar; the orange and gray one. This will NOT work with the older EB8 power bars (All black metal). You can program the skimmer to turn off if the return pump is not drawing normal power on its outlet. If you unplug the return pump, it will no longer draw power, and thus this code would work.

New line of code: If Output RetPump_2_3 Watts < 10 Then OFF

To summarize what I think your code for a skimmer should be, to get the features you describe:

Fallback Off
Set on
If output Retpump_2_3 = off then off
If output RetPump_2_3 Watts < 10 Then OFF
If power apex off 000 then off
Defer 5:00 then on

However, I still do not understand why you are physically unplugging the pump. You can shut if off by changing the return pump outlet to the OFF position on your dashboard, in which case the skimmer would also turn off due to the code people described before.
Thanks so much, I put in your programming and it worked!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 53.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back