Neptune Apex tripping brand new

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. Just got a new Neptune Apex and I went to plug it in and it immediately trips. Nothing is plugged in. It just flashes orange. Any ideas?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your guess would be correct... Got tired of them blaming the "moist environment" for damaging their junk (it's for a fish tank for crying out loud!), so I've moved on.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently using ReefPi but would also recommend GHL for anyone not wanting to build their own controller.

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The breaker isnt tripping or the GFCI... If i have something plugged in it runs for about 1/2 second than turns off. If i unplug it and re plug it back in same thing happens. There is a trip switch on the power station but i dont need to reset it. Its strange just clicks a few times and bam lights out.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The breaker isnt tripping or the GFCI... If i have something plugged in it runs for about 1/2 second than turns off. If i unplug it and re plug it back in same thing happens. There is a trip switch on the power station but i dont need to reset it. Its strange just clicks a few times and bam lights out.
Is the outlet set to on in apex fusion?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
what do you mean sorry i dont see an on button....
See my pic below. Open7 refers to outlet number 7 on my eb832. If i want to turn it on manually without setting any programming i must slide the switch from off to on..
ED09A272-93C2-4220-92DB-E084A5F7AEBC.png

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh Yea i can even get to that point. As soon as its plugged it trips and the no power is going to the controller where ya plug the meters into. It is supposed to turn blue but there is not light. The main just flashes orange.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
oh Yea i can even get to that point. As soon as its plugged it trips and the no power is going to the controller where ya plug the meters into. It is supposed to turn blue but there is not light. The main just flashes orange.
Interesting. If you happen to have a 12v ac to dc adapter that fits the plug on the apex brain you can power up the brain that way and see if you can atleast get fusion up and running. If not then i would open a ticket with neptune and they will take care of you.

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo
Interesting. If you happen to have a 12v ac to dc adapter that fits the plug on the apex brain you can power up the brain that way and see if you can atleast get fusion up and running. If not then i would open a ticket with neptune and they will take care of y

Thats a good idea with 12v ac to dc adapter. I am gonna give that a try. I do have a ticket with neptune. Thank you!
Your awesome up and running! now i think neptune is just gonna replace power. Thank you!

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yo

Your awesome up and running! now i think neptune is just gonna replace power. Thank you!
Great! Glad i could help. I love my Apex. Once you learn it there is no going back! I would imagine there is an issue with that eb832. Hopefully they ship one out asap!

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great! Glad i could help. I love my Apex. Once you learn it there is no going back! I would imagine there is an issue with that eb832. Hopefully they ship one out asap!
Do you have the dose an automatic feeder? I am looking at that when tank gets established

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the dose an automatic feeder? I am looking at that when tank gets established
The automatic feeder is obnoxiously loud. It’s the only Neptune accessory that disappoints me so far. I’d advise you consider something like the @AVAST Marine Works feeder. It can be controlled by Apex or any timer that can do seconds resolution (the greater precision the finer you can tune food dispensing). I use their Reef Jerky mixed with a few other things. Mine is scheduled during photo period for 10 sec every hour. It keeps food in the water column and the tank loves it not to mention it’s virtually dead silent.

OP
OP
moosevandyke

moosevandyke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The automatic feeder is obnoxiously loud. It’s the only Neptune accessory that disappoints me so far. I’d advise you consider something like the @AVAST Marine Works feeder. It can be controlled by Apex or any timer that can do seconds resolution (the greater precision the finer you can tune food dispensing). I use their Reef Jerky mixed with a few other things. Mine is scheduled during photo period for 10 sec every hour. It keeps food in the water column and the tank loves it not to mention it’s virtually dead silent.
Thanks. I just was looking at their products. Looks like folks love their stuff! That feeder will likely be the one with the reef jerky. I was in the hobby 20 years ago in college its incredible how much things have changed. I feel like its acutally possible now to keep flourishing reef if well done. Before it was possible but much harder! Cheers

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back