Neptune ATK alarm help

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using an ATK on my tank (RSR 425xxl ~100gal) that has an aquabus cable ran through a few walls to my garage and hooked up to an FMM/PMUP in my RO reservoir. I have a second FMM under my tank that has the water sensors for the ATK hooked up.

I also have a RS ReefMat Filter roller on my tank. I’ve been getting a lot of alarms for my high water sensor being on and then turning off and then back on. I drained the water and I still get it. I was initially blaming my auto water change/dos but I’ve recalibrated it multiple times and my salinity hasn’t changed (Milwaukee and confirmed with a BRS refractometer and standard solutions). I also get the alarms during day time and only run the water change at night.

I’ve noticed that when my ReefMat rolls up the level in my return pump section moves a half inch or so. I’m also running dual returns in a somewhat small return section. Both have flow sensors on them and I’ve noticed that despite keeping a constant power rate, my flow varies +\- 10 gal per min on each. I believe both of these issues are causing an inconsistent water level in my tank resulting in frequent high water level alarms.

Any suggestions on how to get my water level more stable? Or should I find a way to separate my two sensors a little more? My RSR sump has a float valve built in so I’ve been using that instead of the float valve on the ATK unit (fits better). Would I be better off buying 2 water sensors and putting them in the tank instead of the ATK magnet?

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my PMUP fill the internal RO reservoir in my sump and then gravity feed that via the float in my return chamber. Works like a charm.
Can you post a pic of your sump for me? I’m not sure I can fit the RO res in my tank with how my sump/equipment is set up. Plus I kinda like having the extra sensors in my tank while running the auto water changes

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post a pic of your sump for me? I’m not sure I can fit the RO res in my tank with how my sump/equipment is set up. Plus I kinda like having the extra sensors in my tank while running the auto water changes
Sure thing. Bear in-mind that I have a Red Sea 750XXL, so the sump and internal RO reservoir (7 gallons) are larger. But this shows how I have my ATK sensors setup. If you click on my build thread to the left, there's a link on the first post with a link containing details on how I setup my ATO.

006C349D-5DD4-4B44-8DDC-A3AFE26BCED7.JPG

OP
OP
A

aaron186

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Looks like I would have to give up my refugium and too much space to do it unfortunately but I like your setup

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back