Neptune ATK Spare Parts

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I technically make my own atk if I have fmm, optical sensors and the Neptune pump?

Will the auto wizard recognize that?

Zayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I technically make my own atk if I have fmm, optical sensors and the Neptune pump?

Will the auto wizard recognize that?
You can. However I don't think the wizard will recognize it, but you shouldn't really need it. The wizard just assumes eveything is plugged into the same FMM and that the sensors in the 'right' place. It assumes the hi/low opticals will be in the set location and the PMUP will be plugged into the acc port onthe FMM.

It's easy enough to just set up on your own. You just need to add something like the below to the pump outlet ( mine is on a separate EB832 in the basement) and make sure you have the opticals named correctly/in the correct position.

Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If ATK_LO OPEN Then ON
If ATK_HI CLOSED Then OFF
When On > 005:00 Then OFF

Edit/Add: You won't have the float valve as the additional failsafe, and you don't nessecarily need the PMUP to have it work, just an open outlet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a PMUP, so I'll take advantage of it, and in theory any float would work.

It's good to know it'll work no different then buying the kit. Much cheaper then buying a full ATK.

Would you recommend the new optical sensors or os2 good?

Zayne

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any experience with newer ones. I have the older ones that came with my ATK. I haven't had an issues with them, but they've only been in use for around 6 months or so. I haven't really gone out of my way to maintain them other than occasionaly wipe off any salt build up.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've had to replace the optical sensors twice and the pmup once on my ATK. I don't like how the sensors are locked into their position, so you can't adjust the distance between them unless you use the flimsy magnets that the new sensors come with. All things considered, it would be the last ATO I would recommend to anyone. If you're going to spend that money, just buy a Tunze and be happy. Or better yet, set up a basic gravity fed system. Hopefully you can find some third party sensors that are of better quality than the Neptune ones. :rolleyes:

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love my tunze 3152, however I have all the stuff for the atk...

Maybe I'll sell it to pay for a 3152
The updated 3155 is great! I still have my 3155 in service since 2015. I just had the optical sensor replaced last year, which was only $35 or so. The original pump is still going strong. They’re not quite, but the updated version is. Like I mentioned before, I wouldn’t recommend the ATK, even to apex users (which I’m one).

OP
OP
Hallowhead

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The updated 3155 is great! I still have my 3155 in service since 2015. I just had the optical sensor replaced last year, which was only $35 or so. The original pump is still going strong. They’re not quite, but the updated version is. Like I mentioned before, I wouldn’t recommend the ATK, even to apex users (which I’m one).
When did they update it ?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 121 81.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back