Neptune dos help

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
about to implement a Neptune dos for two part dosing b ionic. Have a couple of questions and looking for some tips. Two main questions are should I dose throughout the day or can I do it in say an hours time so I don’t have to hear the motor kicking on all day. Also do I have to worry about a siphon happening when dosing or will the Dos keep that from happening. Do I just pop the outtakes of the dos into the sump? Any other helpful tips are much appreciated! I’m nervous as this is my first thing I’m adding that can take out my whole tank if things go wrong...

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS will keep itself from siphoning and I will alternate dosing.
I dose right into my return pump area myself. My two dos are inside my stand and I don’t hear them at all

OP
OP
Jhoussock

Jhoussock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DOS will keep itself from siphoning and I will alternate dosing.
I dose right into my return pump area myself. My two dos are inside my stand and I don’t hear them at all
Over how long of a period do you dose?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Red SEA all and calc the requirements very depending on your tank size, your water parameters and what you decide how to split it up.
I split my three ( mag as well) between night and day and over five or six hours so it’s a very low dose each time and therefore quiet and not a big hit on the tank

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ideally you want to dose over the longest period possible....which is the benefit of automatic dosing vs. manual. I dose my ALK from 9 at night until the next morning, and dose Ca from the morning until 9 at night.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back