Neptune DOS : How to prevent dosing if accidentally turned 'on' instead of auto?

plankton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently on FB/Neptune forum a user accidentally turned Alk DOS 'ON' instead of AUTO and the DOS pump did what it was supposed to do and continuously dosed the tank with Alk part. Not good.

What 'advanced' programming and/or alerts should we DOS users setup to prevent accidentally overdosing our tanks with Alk/Ca? You can assume that we also have Trident but that only checks alk/ca like twice per day default.

Chuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manually turning it one is a tough one. Maybe use the if on > xxxx to trigger an email or text alarm.
Im not aware of a way to automatically turn it off if you set the outlet on.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently on FB/Neptune forum a user accidentally turned Alk DOS 'ON' instead of AUTO and the DOS pump did what it was supposed to do and continuously dosed the tank with Alk part. Not good.

What 'advanced' programming and/or alerts should we DOS users setup to prevent accidentally overdosing our tanks with Alk/Ca? You can assume that we also have Trident but that only checks alk/ca like twice per day default.
There is no way to turn an outlet off that is set to on besides physically switching it to auto or off

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So for me I think I avoid this happening by making sure that every switch is in the auto position so when I look at the Apex app I can very easily just scroll down and everything should be in the middle.Instead of having switches in the on position I sent them to auto in Adventist program that states fall back on set on

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back