Neptune DOS Which Bag?

shanedag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to reef tanks and have just set up a new tank. I’ve purchased the Neptune Trident, DOS, and DDR. I’ve purchased the BRS calcium chloride, which I think is the right bag for Calcium. I’m planning to add that to one of the DDR containers. I’m a bit confused on the Magnesium and Alk though:

• Which magnesium bag to buy from BRS...2 or General Adjustment?
  • Planning on adding Magnesium mix to second DDR container. Do I need a second DDR or suitable container for Alk?
Hope these aren’t really dumb questions. I’ve been searching around without much success.

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about Magnesium yet. Alk is the most important and the first one you need to get stable. Magnesium is barely used and can easily be dosed by hand. I personally am using the BRS Tropic Marin balling method.

You shouldn't have to dose anything for a few months. Water changes alone will suffice. Don't even bother with dosing. That is is only needed after water changes no longer keep alk in check.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back