Neptune FMM question

Justinscores

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a diy breakout box with float valves directly to my ro/di system for the last 8 years or so with no issues. I just set up an auto water change system with large containers about 30' away in my garage. I bought one ATK system which will control when to kick my rodi system on to refill reservoir. Do I need to purchase another one to replace the float valves in my sump? Also since the pmup is 30' away could I program the fmm in my garage to kick on the pmup when the fmm in my sump kicks on? Thanks for any suggestions.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my ATK running with a remote PMUP connected to a 2nd FMM near my garage mixing station. After you run the ATK Setup task, all you need to do is copy the ATK's code to the 24v accessory port of the remote FMM:

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.32.21 PM.png

You can then delete the code from the first FMM's 24v output and remove it from your dashboard.

How are you controlling the RO/DI with the FMM? If you're using a solenoid connected to the FMM, then my design above won't work for you since the 24v port is already in use, but if you have an EnergyBar in the garage then you could power the PMUP using a 24v power adapter plugged into an EB outlet.

OP
OP
Justinscores

Justinscores

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I will be using a solenoid connected to the fmm. I just tempted in the pmup to see if it would push water through my attic to my sump and I was surprised it worked. I believe I will need one more fmm module to redo my ato in my sump, one Neptune solenoid to kick the rodi unit on, and a 24v power adapter to plug the pmup into. At this point I would just like it to work without fail. About to go back to work on the road and I'm a bit nervous about transitioning from mechanical methods which have not failed me yet.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 44.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 69 34.0%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 30 14.8%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back