Neptune LLS Cal

Bada Bing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was excited to receive the 4" LSS yesterday however, calibration was a bit tedious. Install and setup were simple enough using Tasks. There's also a automatic calibration Task. 1st attempt at auto calibration failed at the second calibration point (2" at the meniscus), any attempt at auto calibration after that would fail at the first cal point of 1". Much disappointment after many attempts at auto calibration. Then I found [in the advanced tab] a manual calibration method. It's basically the same as the auto but it lets the user decide to accept or fail each calibration point based on a "Confidence" meter. I was only getting 50% confidence at each calibration point but I accepted the calibration and it appears to be working with reasonable accuracy at this point. Wish I knew what the issue with calibration confidence is. Inherent in 1st gen software/hardware? Faulty LLS? Significant user ignorance? Likely the later. :)

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was excited to receive the 4" LSS yesterday however, calibration was a bit tedious. Install and setup were simple enough using Tasks. There's also a automatic calibration Task. 1st attempt at auto calibration failed at the second calibration point (2" at the meniscus), any attempt at auto calibration after that would fail at the first cal point of 1". Much disappointment after many attempts at auto calibration. Then I found [in the advanced tab] a manual calibration method. It's basically the same as the auto but it lets the user decide to accept or fail each calibration point based on a "Confidence" meter. I was only getting 50% confidence at each calibration point but I accepted the calibration and it appears to be working with reasonable accuracy at this point. Wish I knew what the issue with calibration confidence is. Inherent in 1st gen software/hardware? Faulty LLS? Significant user ignorance? Likely the later. :)
I also went through this somewhere I read on the forms that the auto feature is not working properly and you must perform the manual feature I did this and everything worked fine and still is working fine.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also want to point out that the research I have done and I have confirmed that this LLS sensor is not the best thing to be used for an auto top off due to the response time is not the greatest generally about 15 seconds between the water level moving and the sensor reading it

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I originally bought it to remove all the bulky optical sensors that I use and then use it for an auto top off but it is now been added to my system as a redundant failsafe not controlling anything it’s just for informational purposes for me only I will not trust it

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also in this research I have found the LLS does not work with Apex classic

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That trick is often necessary for many types of probes like pH and cond if calibration ever finishes way off. It appears the apex calibrates based on scaled values rather than raw values, so a bad calibration can make the "confidence" values too far out of whack on subsequent attempts.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So I originally bought it to remove all the bulky optical sensors that I use and then use it for an auto top off but it is now been added to my system as a redundant failsafe not controlling anything it’s just for informational purposes for me only I will not trust it

They said the response time is too slow to use it for any controls. Response time is 15 seconds per inch of change.

So a water raise of 4 inches would not register until about 60 seconds later.

The most atrocious thing is the dang clip. Why wouldn't they have a clip to accommodate both the euro and aqueon type tanks is beyond me.

Back