Neptune LLS Mag Mount

Bada Bing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who knows when Neptune will have a magnetic mount for the new LLS so, off to Tinkercad we go. Here's an STL that you can tweak as you like. This mount reuses one of the magnetic mounts from an optical sensor. Like me, you may have an available optical sensor now that you have an LLS. Simply unscrew the clip from the magnet then superglue (or whatever) the wet side of the magnet into the back hole of the mount. Pics are of first mock-up and fit, printing a more pretty one as I write.

PXL_20221002_220005915.jpg PXL_20221002_215946695.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Who knows when Neptune will have a magnetic mount for the new LLS so, off to Tinkercad we go. Here's an STL that you can tweak as you like. This mount reuses one of the magnetic mounts from an optical sensor. Like me, you may have an available optical sensor now that you have an LLS. Simply unscrew the clip from the magnet then superglue (or whatever) the wet side of the magnet into the back hole of the mount. Pics are of first mock-up and fit, printing a more pretty one as I write.

PXL_20221002_220005915.jpg PXL_20221002_215946695.jpg
At MACNA they had prototype but had not said when available

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not so comfortable with any magnetic mounted sensors as they are always easily dislodged accidentally. I really like the style bracket it comes with so far as it so far seems to stay very tight on the lls and when installed properly sensor cannot slip out of position. But I can see the use for some who have different setups and require different installations

OP
OP
B

Bada Bing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not so comfortable with any magnetic mounted sensors as they are always easily dislodged accidentally. I really like the style bracket it comes with so far as it so far seems to stay very tight on the lls and when installed properly sensor cannot slip out of position. But I can see the use for some who have different setups and require different installations
The problem I was having was that I wanted the sensor lower than the clip would allow. This is where a magnet mount could be your friend. Your call on magnets but, I've had as many as 6 mag mounts in my sump, set it and forget it has been my experience. Granted, I have had blown-out magnets before.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back