Neptune optical sensor

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a little help with my ato; It has worked flawlessly for nearly 3 years until last week when an optical sensor went bad. I confirmed it was bad by swapping the high and low sensors in the fmm and submersing them in water. The issue I have now is I just received a new sensor and plugged it in the same port as the original one. The tile disappeared on my dashboard in fusion that I had labeled as "fill" for it and I have a notification that says I have new tiles. I learned quite a bit from here when I set up my apex that I have subsequently completely forgotten

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the new sensor is fully seated in the FMM socket. Then go into the FMM configuration screen to verify the FMM detects it correctly as an Optical sensor. If the plug is not fully seated, the FMM may misidentify it as a different type of sensor (leak or flow) and cause it to present you with a new tile.

Read my ATK tutorial for a more detailed list of troubleshooting steps:

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the new sensor is fully seated in the FMM socket. Then go into the FMM configuration screen to verify the FMM detects it correctly as an Optical sensor. If the plug is not fully seated, the FMM may misidentify it as a different type of sensor (leak or flow) and cause it to present you with a new tile.

Read my ATK tutorial for a more detailed list of troubleshooting steps:
I did make sure it was seated all the way, I had that problem when I first bought the ato and actually remembered that. The description of the sensor that I got from brs says "v2". Since I have a first generation do you think that might be why it's identifying as a different sensor?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did make sure it was seated all the way, I had that problem when I first bought the ato and actually remembered that. The description of the sensor that I got from brs says "v2". Since I have a first generation do you think that might be why it's identifying as a different sensor?
No, the v1 and v2 sensors are treated the same by the FMM, so it should not have presented you with a new tile. Does it appear as Optical when you look at the FMM Configuration screen?

OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, the v1 and v2 sensors are treated the same by the FMM, so it should not have presented you with a new tile. Does it appear as Optical when you look at the FMM Configuration screen?
Is this the screen you're referring to?

Attachments

• 3265FC44-A57C-469A-A8F0-55243F87BB06.jpeg
    3265FC44-A57C-469A-A8F0-55243F87BB06.jpeg
    112.9 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Mjrenz

Mjrenz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dragged the new tile down on my dashboard and the sensor seems to be working correctly with the ato. It really threw me for a loop when the tile disappeared. Not sure what to make of it but at least it's working.

I also bought an extra optical sensor with a magnetic mount to act as a low water sensor. I'll look back through your tutorial to figure out how to set it up to shut off my return pump if the level drops too low.

I really appreciate your help!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back