Neptune Sky Discontinued?

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the BRS website it shows the sky is now discontinued. Link to the sky at the Neptune systems website is also dead.
IMG_8531.jpeg

OP
OP
JeffB418

JeffB418

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone else also posted this on Facebook. Looks like it’s discontinued through wholesale too.
IMG_8532.jpeg

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably sold all existing stock and decided to drop the product in favor of radion. Wav pumps vanished from the face of the earth almost two years ago. Probably the same thing, dropped in favor of the mp series. To be expected with mergers and acquisitions. I doubt they are coming out with a new model but I could very well be wrong…. It’s just speculation and opinion. I’ve been hoping for a mp series pump with a 1link connection (no power bricks) as a wav replacement but it’s just not happening.

Edit. I will say that I was surprised with the quiet drive dos release though. I wasn’t sure if they would drop the dos in favor of versa or not. I would have thought they would have picked one and made you use an interface (mxm or similar) to run it.

Last edited:

DCR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost certainly a casualty of the acquisition of Ecotech, AI and Neptune under Aperture, although I have long believed the marketplace for high end LED lighting is overcrowded with suppliers and there was bound to be some shake-out.

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW - I do not have that "discontinued by Bulk Reef Supply" tag; it is a button that says "notify me when in-stock"... I am not convinced that this is a thing.
Ah, in stock elsewhere as well. The impression given was that they’re out everywhere

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was someone on the Facebook group that has a recent response email from Neptune stating that they are unsure if they will restock parts to even do repairs, so they didn't accept his light for out of warranty repair. A lot of little things sure do hint they're discontinued. BRS this morning did have the discontinued writing but is now gone.

Lbrdsoxfan

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s with anything now. Gotta judge them on track record and they still support things from the first Apex.
Post merger I wouldn't hold my breath on anything right now. Apex Classics aren't officially supported anymore. They break your SOL, buy a A3 will be your answer from them. A1's work as a convience with fusion, not as a desire on Neptune's part. They want all us ancient A1 folks to upgrade, but with the shoddy record as of late, I'll try the competition when they are bricked with fusion.

BrokenReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was someone on the Facebook group that has a recent response email from Neptune stating that they are unsure if they will restock parts to even do repairs, so they didn't accept his light for out of warranty repair. A lot of little things sure do hint they're discontinued. BRS this morning did have the discontinued writing but is now gone.
I saw a forum post about this from earlier in May. For me it is too much chicken little and not enough actual verification. I don’t mind speculation, sometimes those who speculate do so with an air of authority that they do not truly possess. (To be clear I am not saying you are doing so)

RoanokeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw a forum post about this from earlier in May. For me it is too much chicken little and not enough actual verification. I don’t mind speculation, sometimes those who speculate do so with an air of authority that they do not truly possess. (To be clear I am not saying you are doing so)
I hope they’re not giving up and agree it’s all speculation. V2 would be fantastic! Keeping my fingers crossed.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back