Neptune Support -----

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my COR 20 failed this morning. It had been in my tank for 2 months. Today after my morning feed cycle it did not start back up.

Spent the morning going through all the things that could of been wrong with the COR20. They are having me try to fix their defective product, versus just check the stupid stuff and then RMA it.

Obviously a working pump in our aquarium is not important to them.

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my COR 20 failed this morning. It had been in my tank for 2 months. Today after my morning feed cycle it did not start back up.

Spent the morning going through all the things that could of been wrong with the COR20. They are having me try to fix their defective product, versus just check the stupid stuff and then RMA it.

Obviously a working pump in our aquarium is not important to them.
Buy a various and sell the neptune warranty replacement.

OP
OP
redpine42

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy a various and sell the neptune warranty replacement.

Thanks. Fortunately, I had originally plumbed in an EchoTech when I started, but decided to add the COR20, so it just took a couple minutes to hook up the EchoTech after I was fed up with debugging the Neptune product. I'll have to get another return pump as a backup. Having one is a must now in my opinion. This is the third time I've had to contact Neptune about product problems in the last two months. Their tech support intentionally tries to drag things out until you give up.

Halal Hotdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I have been reading some negative things about their support, whereas a year ago it seemed people were very happy with it. Not sure what changed, maybe budget got tighter.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with a FMM module and they RMA'ed it asap and had the new one in 3 days. That was my experience and i know everyones is different and for a return pump there is alot of pressure since it is a critical piece of equipment. I personally went with the REEF OCTOPUS - VARIOS-8 and did a dual return pump system just for this scenario.

I also am always afraid of new products on the market as they always seem to have issues no matter who the vendor. I hope they send you a new one quickly but if you decide to switch the varios's are very good

OP
OP
redpine42

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a problem with a FMM module and they RMA'ed it asap and had the new one in 3 days. That was my experience and i know everyones is different and for a return pump there is alot of pressure since it is a critical piece of equipment. I personally went with the REEF OCTOPUS - VARIOS-8 and did a dual return pump system just for this scenario.

I also am always afraid of new products on the market as they always seem to have issues no matter who the vendor. I hope they send you a new one quickly but if you decide to switch the varios's are very good

It wasn't that they weren't trying to help, it was obviously broke and they wanted to set up a call for Wed or Thur. I had another pump, so rather than wait, I wanted to just RMA and move on. I work and am actively involved in raising two young boys, I don't have time for this. I spent at least two hours trying things with the guy and that was enough. I'll take a look at the Varios-8. Thanks!

OP
OP
redpine42

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original title was not very nice. Just upset $325 pump lasts 2 months.

I'm also having bubbles in my DOS/DDR and again, long debug the product effort.

And one of my Hydras failed last week. They had me try one thing and we went straight to the RMA boat.

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My original title was not very nice. Just upset $325 pump lasts 2 months.

I'm also having bubbles in my DOS/DDR and again, long debug the product effort.

And one of my Hydras failed last week. They had me try one thing and we went straight to the RMA boat.
i also get bubles in my DOS/DDR, what was the fix for that?

OP
OP
redpine42

redpine42

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i also get bubles in my DOS/DDR, what was the fix for that?

They sent me some things to try. I just don't have time to debug stuff. The nuts loosen on their own I've found. There is an o ring I need to check out. There are a couple other things that are best described as reinstall all the tubing.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 14.7%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 63 46.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back