Neptune Systems Equipment for new tank

Ducrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to setup a new Waterbox 130.4 tank and I'm considering the Neptune Systems setup so I can manage/monitor/maintain my tank, especially when on travel.

I'm thinking I should purchase these items:

Apex Controller
Magnetic Probe Rack
COR-20 Return Pump
ATK Automatic Top Off
Trident
DOS and DDR
Automated Feeding System (AFS)

Should I also get the Leak Detection Kit (LDK)?

Are there better options for the Pump? Auto Top Off?

Would love to hear thoughts on this before I drop the $$$. Thanks!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Getting ready to setup a new Waterbox 130.4 tank and I'm considering the Neptune Systems setup so I can manage/monitor/maintain my tank, especially when on travel.

I'm thinking I should purchase these items:

Apex Controller
Magnetic Probe Rack
COR-20 Return Pump
ATK Automatic Top Off
Trident
DOS and DDR
Automated Feeding System (AFS)

Should I also get the Leak Detection Kit (LDK)?

Are there better options for the Pump? Auto Top Off?

Would love to hear thoughts on this before I drop the $$$. Thanks!
These are all perfect for control -dosing - monitoring. Leak detector is good, , , , but I would hope not needed with a new tank system however a sump can overflow- its your call on that item.

OP
OP
D

Ducrider

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not a fan of their return pump or atk

ive had great luc with my reef octo various 8 and tunze auto topoff.

What is your issue with the return pump and ATK? I spoke with their customer service today - they said the power supply issues on the return pump have been fixed and the sensors on the ATK were also fixed. Would love to get more user feedback, especially those that have the upgraded, newer models.

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably could wait on the trident.
Seems like a big expense for not much.
We can maintain steady parameters without testing 12 times a day.
I like the tunze atos.
I have an apex to monitor things and control feed mode.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my Apex and my COR20. The COR is super silent and dependable. I am about to go with ATK and leak sensors now.
The DOS is a bit noisy for my taste but the automation with DDR (I just bought it) is really tempting.
I am not a Trident fan, too many tests per day, in reality once every week is enough.

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do not recommend the Neptune ATK For larger systems. Constantly turning off and on with optical sensor. Wears out quickly.

Much better off with system that lets sump get to low level and refills to an upper level. Pump doesn’t run as often and lasts much longer. I had the ATK but replaced with water change station.

187CC3EF-8265-447F-9D5B-2A9C352A8108.jpeg

Jon's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have the ATK. Works great. You can always mount the sensors somewhere else if you think it turns on and off too much. The one problem I had was interference on a 1/2" flow sensor that I had plugged into the FMM also. It would cause the FMM to go nuts (causing the ATK not to work properly). I think you can put a ferrite cord filter to stop it from happening, but have not fixed that yet. Also, the PMUP is a little loud.

COR20 has been solid for me. I had a Vectra M2 and changed for the APEX integration. Seems to be almost identical. Only thing better is going to be an Abyzz (~$1900)

Trident is awesome. Brings it to a different level. I do not use it to auto adjust the dosing... definitely would not recommend that. If you see a number starting to trend down/ up, just adjust your dosing. Some people prefer the Alkatronic or KH director, but I like how you can just buy the premixed reagents in a 6 month kit for $99 (each 2 month comes with a "standard" to keep you on track)

For dosing I went with GHL because there are 4 stepper motors in a package that takes up less space. If you are using it for AWC with a reservoir far away... sure. But if your dosing containers are right there DOS is overkill. The GHL has a setting where you tell it how much you have filled the reservoir, then it will tell you when they are getting empty (based on calibrated output).

AFS... I just went with the eheim feeder. Set it and forget it. If I was to spend more money on a feeder I would think about the Plank from Avast.

ctnguye3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I wouldn't recommend the DDR, I purchased two for both my DOS and currently having issues with both of them sucking air causing air gaps in the tubing, totally not worth the premium. However no complaints with the DOS, they work fantastic and have had zero issues.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 42 31.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back