Neptune trident troubleshooting (used) - red led, no water sample

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biff0rz
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biff0rz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
2,392
Reaction score
1,439
Location
Michigan (SE)
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi folks, I purchased a used trident (regretting this decision already). It came without sample lines, so I purchased those. I am hooking it up today and went through the install tutorial. I did a factory reset on it. It primed a,b, and c. It attempted to prime the sample line but now the led is solid red and the status in the app is idle/flashing no water sample. The sample line is new, below the water line by a few inches. Is this a common failure scenario with tridents over time and how does it typically get fixed?

Screenshot_20240728-141353~2.png
 
You can reset the sample line as well and see if that helps
 
Last edited:
After I depleted my first batch of reagents I dealt with a no sample fault. While I’m sure you’re not excited to take it apart, you’ll be more familiar with the machine. I used RODI water and flushed all the tubes inside mine, and it’s been running for the last 6 or 7 months without trouble.

I should I add also bought mine used, and kind of accepted that a little bit of troubleshooting is the cost I would pay to save myself a few hundred bucks from buying a new one. Hopefully yours bounces back soon!
 
After I depleted my first batch of reagents I dealt with a no sample fault. While I’m sure you’re not excited to take it apart, you’ll be more familiar with the machine. I used RODI water and flushed all the tubes inside mine, and it’s been running for the last 6 or 7 months without trouble.

I should I add also bought mine used, and kind of accepted that a little bit of troubleshooting is the cost I would pay to save myself a few hundred bucks from buying a new one. Hopefully yours bounces back soon!
Yea I don't mind taking it apart, looks like I have to. I see the sample line is connected properly and the pump at the very top is running when I try to prime it
 
After I depleted my first batch of reagents I dealt with a no sample fault. While I’m sure you’re not excited to take it apart, you’ll be more familiar with the machine. I used RODI water and flushed all the tubes inside mine, and it’s been running for the last 6 or 7 months without trouble.

I should I add also bought mine used, and kind of accepted that a little bit of troubleshooting is the cost I would pay to save myself a few hundred bucks from buying a new one. Hopefully yours bounces back soon!
Which lines and how did you flush them?
 
Which lines and how did you flush them?

Once you open the trident you’ll see a 6 way splitter, I just squeezed the tubes against a syringe full of RODI and I pushed probably 5ml through each section, then reconnected everything
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new