Neptune WAV pump

Timrpn

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 27, 2018
Messages
502
Reaction score
176
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you suggest using a neptune WAV pump on a 60 cube? 24x24x24? Too powerful? Not needed? 1 or 2 needed? Also overflow is a corner overflow, so placement is questionable.

Thanks!
 
These pumps are rated at 4000+ GPH. I would think it could be a bit overkill. Of course with the apex you may be able to get the pump operating at a speed that is still desirable. Personally I don't have experience with this exact model pump.
 
I'd use 2 and turn them down. You can get very customizable flow with them. They are bigger than needed but the controllability makes it worth it. I have a pair in my 90 and ran them at 60% or lower
 
They are very powerful and 2 will create a ton of flow even when cut down, I sold 1 of mine to a friend with a 75 gallon and it was to much for it.
 
Ok, thanks! I will still with the Jebao ones i have then
 
One of mine broke after 2 years. Seems like a common problem with wav pumps.
 
Anyone else have experience with the Neptune Wav? I'm considering on a new build vs. Reef Octo Pulse 2 vs. Maxspect Gyre 3s. Really like the sounds of the Reef Octo wave pumps - quiet, longer warranty, apex compatible (with the 0-10V receptor), etc.
 
Anyone else have experience with the Neptune Wav? I'm considering on a new build vs. Reef Octo Pulse 2 vs. Maxspect Gyre 3s. Really like the sounds of the Reef Octo wave pumps - quiet, longer warranty, apex compatible (with the 0-10V receptor), etc.
I have 3 of the Neptune WAV in my 240g cube running at 100%...still need more flow... cube is 48" x 48" x 24"
 
WAVs are a bit bulky. I would think they'd be a bit too big for a tank with those dimensions. You can definitely use them. I've currently got two set at 5% for flow across the back of my tank behind the rocks.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new