Neptune WXM module vs Reeflink

mniemann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just traded my old DA reef keeper lite for a new Apex system. I have two gen 2 rations and an mp 40, being new to apex would appreciate everyone's opinion on this. Should I get the WXM module to run the eco tech products or the Reeflink? Please include any pros and cons you may have had with both products. Thanks in advance!

djbetterly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@EcoTech Marine @Terence
I actually didn't realize the WXM does both, I thought I needed two separate expansion modules. Right now I'm using a reeflink for my XR15's, and WXM for my MP10's (Which I do like...) but I think I'm going to try the WXM and see. It would be nice if everything was in one place.

What I am curious about is if there is functionality that is available via reeflink that isn't available via WXM/Apex...and if there is, is that functionality of any use to us.

The only thing I don't like about the WXM is once in a while the Vortech's will come unlinked and its a bit of a pain to get them to sync up again. Curious how the sync will work with the Radion's.

Hopefully one of the two guys from either ecotech or neptune systems will chime in.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mniemann

mniemann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is my understanding that the WXM can provide service to 10 or 11 eco tech products and can control both vortech and radions. To be fair the Reeflink can control like 60 including the vectra but I kind of want to be able to monitor everything in one place.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 41.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back