Nerite snails eggs everywhere, I want to remove snails

marcosnano

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2023
Messages
268
Reaction score
94
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm tired of nerite snail eggs on my glass. I have them for 6 months and I think they are good cleaners but they leave too much eggs and I have to scrub them with razor once per week and now I made couple of scratches on my glass with razor and I'm ticked.

I want to remove them, I have 2 of them. should I remove only 1 or both of them? do they reproduce asexually and will the single nerite continue to lay eggs?

Thanks
 
In my experience, the eggs just fall off on their own over time so I don't sweat them too much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new