Net fire coral (Millepora dichotoma)

Michael Hughes

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2024
Messages
502
Reaction score
664
Location
Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've seen some beautiful colonies of Millepora dichotoma in dive footage from the Red Sea, but I haven't been able to turn up anything about that species being kept (except for one post on a different forum from decades ago). I understand they have quite a sting.

Photo for reference is just a screenshot of a Google image result - not my photo.
1000030418.jpg


Anybody keeping these or know of anyone keeping them?
 
I have a couple small colonies of fire coral that came in on some live rock. Its a slow grower for me but it doing great. I've brushed up against it several and never felt any sting but maybe Im lucky.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new