Net making question

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody, I'm trying to get an aquarium lid/netting for a 50cm cube, but I also want a mangrove (not in a corner)... What do I do? I was thinking about a single canary wrasse for the tank

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I can't really do that as I have my pipes above the tank and an ai prime stand on the border of the glass...
you can. you cut it to size. i've done this to my tank. i made cutouts for my light fixtures

edit: it would help to see your tank so we can provide better ideas.

IMG_0393.jpeg

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, unless the height of the mangrove is the concern here, you can just cut a slot for the mangrove to fit through.

OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can. you cut it to size. i've done this to my tank
You are talking about the net itself. But the border needs to somehow stay on the edge of the glass without some weird shapes going inside the square.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You are talking about the net itself. But the border needs to somehow stay on the edge of the glass without some weird shapes going inside the square.
there are kits, or even acrylic pieces you can buy on amazon that can keep the lid suspended on a rimless tank. also, the red sea lid kit (like the one i have on my tank) is for rimless tanks as well. the reason you can't tell is because i cut it to size for my rimmed tank, but if you look closer at the picture you can see the tabs helping keep it suspended

OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are kits, or even acrylic pieces you can buy on amazon that can keep the lid suspended on a rimless tank. also, the red sea lid kit (like the one i have on my tank) is for rimless tanks as well. the reason you can't tell is because i cut it to size for my rimmed tank, but if you look closer at the picture you can see the tabs helping keep it suspended
I don't think I can spend that much with the shipping. It's like 200$ with everything

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 33.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.2%
Back