Never had this problem

Rjmul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65 gallon tank. Recently upgraded from a 40. Swapped out entire deep sand bed. Bad idea. Posts about that on my account.

Parameters are all a little whacky right now. LPS and zoas are doing great. Sps are struggling. Though I'm seeing more and more polyp extension every day.

I don't use gfo. I use to dose phosphate e whenever I needed to. Every 4ish months.

Right now my phosphates will not drop like they used to. I'm doing full doses of phosphate e multiple days in a row right now. Phosphates went from.....

Why is it dropping so slowly with FULL doses.

Zero dry rock in this tank. The youngest rock is over a year old. Aside from being overstocked (I always was and never had a phosphate problem I have no idea where this phosphate is coming from.

I put in two Ora neon gobies a week ago and only saw one, one time since. I'm assuming they're hiding in the rock work but even if they're dead they were sooo small. What the heck. My local guy asked me if I've been changing my filter floss the day after I dose. Never used to do that... didn't think it mattered as I was under the impression lanthinum chloride makes the phosphate INERT.

Alk 10
Nitrate 18.5 (high) but not worried about it as I am the phosphate

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi,not to be stick in mud,no cure in a bottle,go back to gfo,phosguard,phospad,kent phos sponge,just do not strip too low,.03 good # :) just my opinion;)

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 76 44.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 79 46.2%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.4%
Back