Never use a 125 gallon 6ft tank.

marcus aurelius

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 25, 2017
Messages
331
Reaction score
190
Location
Boise
What state or country do you live in
Idaho
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've been in this just over 8 years. Many ups and downs. But right now is definitely on the up side. If you click the link bellow I'm about to up grade to my 180. But like the title say's. Never use a 6ft 125 gallon tank. And the reason is. There's not enough room front to back. And I'm all out of room. Sorry so blue? I will get a better picture later.

IMG_4154.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Obviously can't really see what the tank looks like, but it appears to look pretty good. It's all about what someone is looking for and personal preference. I had the same tank probably 15 years ago and for me at the time, it was perfect. I'm no in the process of setting up a 7' 210g because of what I'm looking for. Good luck with the new build.
 
I see your point. No Vacancy left at the Inn. 😵‍💫
 
So I've been in this just over 8 years. Many ups and downs. But right now is definitely on the up side. If you click the link bellow I'm about to up grade to my 180. But like the title say's. Never use a 6ft 125 gallon tank. And the reason is. There's not enough room front to back. And I'm all out of room. Sorry so blue? I will get a better picture later.

IMG_4154.jpeg
18 inches front to back is certainly limited for things we like to keep in this hobby. I do believe however that I will even find the need for more space with my 72x36x30 🤣. Is it ever big enough? Ask Polo Reef, Andrew probably has good insight on this.

Got some decent depth to this freshwater scape in a 125 long though.
b71ae53d-8bdf-4740-84f9-a7c8dd48367e.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new