New 14G Biocube build/Q&A

blackhawk86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i bought a 14G biocube to put on my nightstand and it comes in tommorrow. I bought a saffire skimmer for it that comes friday, and the live rock nano package from F&S that also comes in tommorrow. I have a korila nano laying around to add to it and lava rubble from a old fuge setup. I dont plan on upgrading lights in it because i plan on keeping zoos and a few LPS so it should be fine as is. I need to increase flow in the tank and have a few ideas on ways to do it. I could upgrade the return pump to a maxi-jet 900 (will the 1200 work to?) along with adding the K-nano i have, or leave (or upgrade) the stock return pump and add a vortech MP10. I would rather do the MP10 for the better flow and cleaner look but im not sure it it would be to much flow. If anyone has input on the flow ideas feel free to post. Ill be posting pics here tommorrow of the build progress as it goes along.

OP
OP
blackhawk86

blackhawk86

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100_1072.jpg
So heres what i have so far.
100_1068.jpg

100_1069.jpg

100_1070.jpg

underwaterfirefighter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! We have a 29 Bio Cube with the stock return pump and one Korallia 1. Seems to be adequate but i think we still may upgrade the return pump. The stock lighting seems to be good for Zoos, shrooms, and LPS. Good Luck.

Dave and Lisa

cody6766

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded my pump to a penguin 1140 and put a hydorflo on the outlet. I also added a K-nano. I also added a 70w MH to the hood and a fan to keep it cool. The DIY was REALLY easy and pretty cheap.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 62 32.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 50 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 40 20.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 38 19.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back