New 21g frag tank build

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've decided to keep the over abundance of frag racks out of my display. Currently I have a 72 gal rimless (36x18x20), I've purchased a 21g rimless RR deep blue micro frag tank, and i'm considering my options. It'll be barebottom with just black frag rack, maybe in a couple different heights. It will be lit either by a 150w current sunpod, or a chinese 3w bridgelux fixture. I'm considering plumbing it directly into my display tank, or just running a 40b with a skimmer and fuge. that's right. my sump will be twice the size of my frag tank. Any rock that i will add has been cured for a long time (6mos to a year). I may do a smaller fuge only sump, 20L, and have the tank drain into my sump, pump water through the fuge which will be under the frag tank. The fuge would have adequate sand(probably a DSB) live rock, and maybe some cheato for the frag tank. Any thoughts? I dont want to add bulk heads or do any drilling to my sump is the only problem.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a good plan!! I hate frag racks in the display.

OP
OP
C

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a local store ordered it from their supplier royal pet supply for me. not bad, 155 with tax, and it has the over flow plumbing kit and all. i figured any stand for a tank this size would be insufficient for any kind of sump and filtration. may start with it plumbed into it's own sump then go from there.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 79 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back