New 25g JBJ first time tank

xjhammer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2023
Messages
10
Reaction score
11
Location
Denver, CO
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, Just getting started in reef keeping. Went to the local store and dropped a little "cough cough" coin on a first time setup. I'll be posting here as things continue. Right now I'm building a stand for it.

I specifically didn't get the stand that can come with it for two reasons. One, they look cheaper then IKEA stuff you can buy, and Two, you can go to IKEA and get something for about 1/4 the price. I'm however not going to do that. I have a welder in the garage, so I'm going to build a metal sub structure and put it on some low profile wheels. maybe a little crazy, but I have a small house and It's probably not going to stay in the same place.

This week auqa-scape and setup.

PXL_20230219_215748385.jpg


Next week live sand and water!!!
 
Excited to see the progression of your tank!!
 
Well we tested the water tightness. (Because we couldn't wait to build to stand) so Temporary spot on the kitchen counter. I have to say, playing with the new light is fun. I also have to admit, it looks super cool.

1677036643509.png


We also have the rockscape looking nice.

1677036789903.png
1677036877434.png


We built the supports using a 3D-printer and some modeling software.

AND... this.... Safety Third folks.
1677036928733.png
 
Ok, Stand built, rocks in sand in. chemicals running. Lets see how this goes.


1677127328313.png
 
Update!! After 3-weeks of a fishless cycle, we finally have fish!

We went with 2 clowns, and one blue damsel. Everyone is pretty happy so far.
1679249898723.png


1679249925018.png
 
Update!! After 3-weeks of a fishless cycle, we finally have fish!

We went with 2 clowns, and one blue damsel. Everyone is pretty happy so far.
1679249898723.png


1679249925018.png
Congrats on getting fish in your tank!!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new