New 269 gallon build

ReeferCop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new 269 gallon build. It's being built with being set as a peninsula style tank, 72x24x36. It's going to be tall and I haven't set up a large tank in awhile. My first question is the lighting for a mixed reef set up, I was looking at the ecotech LEDs but I'm not sure how many I will need.

I plan on having a 2 inch sand bed but would still like to have some SPS near the upper portion of the tank, I should be able to get a high flow up there and a lower flow down low to keep the sand bed from blowing around.

OP
OP
R

ReeferCop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting a new 269 gallon build. It's being built with being set as a peninsula style tank, 72x24x36. It's going to be tall and I haven't set up a large tank in awhile. My first question is the lighting for a mixed reef set up, I was looking at the ecotech LEDs but I'm not sure how many I will need.

I plan on having a 2 inch sand bed but would still like to have some SPS near the upper portion of the tank, I should be able to get a high flow up there and a lower flow down low to keep the sand bed from blowing around.

Ok change of plans. My LFS loves the Phillips Coral Care Gen 2 LED lights. Going with 3 of those with the controller. Not sure why BRS stopped selling them but them seem like a quality light. No fan so it's heavier with all the heat sink but I'm excited to use them. Also Going with the reef octopus regal 250int and the abyzz a200 pump. With the change of plans on the lighting it almost makes up the cost difference to get the abyzz. Also Going with the icecap 48 sump that has an ato built in.

Now trying to still decide if I want mp40or60 a gyre or something else for flow. Also curious if anyone has opinions on the apex controller or any of their competitors.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back