New 300G setup, dosing question

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi All,
I'm in the midst of planning for a ~300g system (before sump) and debating on a dosing method of 2-part or going to a Calcium Reactor

I'd like to get thoughts from those with larger systems and your method / advice:
1) Use a CaRx (worth it / not worth it, and why)
2) Use two-part (worth it and not changing, would step up to a CaRx if funds allowed, etc.)

Thank you in advance for any feedback/advice!

Ian

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Ian. I am also debating the exact thing with my 600g build. What do you plan on growing in your tank would be the first thing that you need to consider. The needs of SPS are far different then an all softie tank. Let's start there.

OP
OP
I

IKD

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Ian. I am also debating the exact thing with my 600g build. What do you plan on growing in your tank would be the first thing that you need to consider. The needs of SPS are far different then an all softie tank. Let's start there.

I'm planning on a mixed reef, but likely more SPS over time. Since it will take many months for the system to really stock up, I'm not sure I need to worry about it on day 1, but I'm planning my sump/cabinet layout and want to think ahead as much as possible.

Your tank is going to rock at that size by the way! What are you planning to stock?

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning on a mixed reef, but likely more SPS over time. Since it will take many months for the system to really stock up, I'm not sure I need to worry about it on day 1, but I'm planning my sump/cabinet layout and want to think ahead as much as possible.

Your tank is going to rock at that size by the way! What are you planning to stock?
My main 350 with be SPS, and then 3 40g below it will be an anemone tank, a high end LPS tank, and maybe an eel tank or something like that. Haven't worked out the lower tanks except for the Anemone tank. in also going to have a 60g refugium tank, and 2 20g frag tanks. All tied together into a 110g sump.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%

Back