"new" 40 breeder

AC0DX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 29 and sump started to leak on me last week. In one day it overflowed twice and then proceeded to leak out of a seam on the sump. Needless to say that was not going to work. So off I went in search of a tank to move everything to. I settled on a drilled (goodbye hob!) 40 breeder and a 25 gallon sump. I moved everything over accept most of the sand, I moved a little bit to the tank. I just put enough to cover the bottom. I really don't like the look of bare bottom. The move went easy and I must say I love this 40. The sump is not really being used as a sump because I have a shamedface crab down there.

Here are the pics.

%QWhg5UdQYK9aMTz0wIy8w.jpg

LqfNhPjpRqCEBucg9EFaSQ.jpg

py6yigjIQnyjCsz67dra6A.jpg

OP
OP
AC0DX

AC0DX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like calico crabs, kind of a nicer looking stone crab.
My only problem now is what do I call my sump :) . I only have the heater and filter media in there now. Can't call it a fuge because Crusty - as my son calls him, has yet to meet something he won't eat.

OP
OP
AC0DX

AC0DX

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must say I love having the back of the tank painted black. I wish I had done that to the 90 now. The fish seems to like the rocks down low and spread forward. To my eye it looks more natural than the rock wall I had to do in the 29.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 81 75.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 14 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back