New 55 ultimate coral reef tank

24/7ReeFTime

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2019
Messages
212
Reaction score
157
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just recently got my 55g reef tank around 8 months ago. I am still young so I don't have much money to complete my tank quickly. I do not have a sump due to living in my parents house and the deal was they would pick out the stand(there is no room for a sump). I do have a protein skimmer that hangs on the back along with a 350gph filter. I don't get new stuff for it but once every other week I will try to post updates twice a month. I will gladly take suggestions on new livestock/corals, lights filters, ect.
 
when I first got my tank I didn't have much money and was looking for a cheap light not realizing the lighting requirements for certain corals. My light is only a 60w strip light. later I got two smaller lights that stick on the inside of the tank(15w each). I am saving up to get a better light in a couple of weeks I was looking for suggestions on a light around 250-300w that ramps up/down, less than 400 USD.
897BECAC-72BC-4021-A434-D79A812F34B7.jpeg
897BECAC-72BC-4021-A434-D79A812F34B7.jpeg
9301827B-C1EC-4F30-BF87-AD9A22704C8B.jpeg
 
Last edited:
My tank info:

stock:
2 Talbots damsels
1 red firefish
1 Pygmy spotted hawkfish
1 yellow clown goby
1 yellow headed sleeper goby
And this will get much hate but
1 yellow tang

Corals/invertebrates:
green hammer coral(frag)
A cheap zoa (frag)
Red Sea Pom Pom Xenia (frag)
 
Last edited:
My green hammer coral is not doing well and is being quarantined. I don’t think it will make it but I’m gonna try. I will post FTS and other pictures here in about 2 months.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new