New 60 cube build

newguyintown81

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 20, 2019
Messages
119
Reaction score
75
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So over the weekend the wife and I drove up 4 hours from our home in Ohio to pick the tank up in Michigan. I have built the stand myself over a few days. I got her filled with water today after a few trips to my LFS. (don't own a RODI system yet). Here are a couple of pictures to start out. I'm going going with the Jebao DCP-4000 return pump a Nero 5 and a Hydor 1950 gph pump for flow. I will be running an AI Prime 16 HD for lighting.

I'm gonna start this tank with reef crystals this time instead of one of the big names (one because had a buddy give me an almost full bucket of it) I plan to use live rock and Dr Tim's to cycle the tank but also a couple of weeks before I add fish or anything into the tank. This will be my tried time using Dr. Tim's and I have had great success with it. I will update later.

received_455066255562715.jpeg received_750616212266572.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new