New 65G custom Peninsula going in!

Welp! The Maxspect TURBINE duo was a let down! Wow. I was super stoked to be able to control it with the ICV6 but it had no balls at all! You'd think that looking at it would be killer! With the duel pump heads and the Y outlets but NOPE! It was only pushing 135GPH! I have 3/4" pipe with 4 90 degree bends in it. So I pulled it out and put in my JerePond 1850 DC pump in and Bam! Pushing 345gph now lol what a waste of time and money. It's going back to Coralveu.

20240602_180101.jpg 20240602_180116.jpg
 
Latest update! I got the water in 2 weks ago now the tank is doing great. I put a glame angel in it to hel get it going i also put in a few packs of bio media i had going for a few months in my other tank to help with the cycling. I did have to take the hydros system out of the sump area do to tue possibility of it rusting or corrosion. So that was kind of a pain but it cam out good and I now have more room for my doesing pumps. I also got a JBJ chiller for it. The tank was hitting 81 degrees sometimes so forked over $220 for it a great deal! It's awesome and super quiet. I also go the ATO up and running with the new ATO tank. Works perfectly. Today I finished the barnwood siding on it it really came out nice. Next is doing tue doors. I'm also going to go with Radion XR30's I got a great deal on them. So I'll be selling g the Maxspect Razor X light. It's brand new so it's for sale. Here are some latest pictures.
 

Attachments

  • 20240617_171510.jpg
    20240617_171510.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240617_171527.jpg
    20240617_171527.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 20240617_171439.jpg
    20240617_171439.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20240617_153126.jpg
    IMG_20240617_153126.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 44
  • 20240617_141752.jpg
    20240617_141752.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 50
Tank is acclimated! All the live rock is in and I put the fish and corals in over the last 2 days. It was a little stressful transferring the fish but they are in the new Aquarium and seem happy. I also got 2 Radion XR15's and took out the Maxspect. The XR15's are awesome! I'm hoping my corals will grow way better and also have better color. So that's all for now. See the attached pics and video.
 

Attachments

  • 20240708_133008.jpg
    20240708_133008.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 40

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new