New 75G Set Up

bpatus297

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm planning my 75G set up and decided to go with a coast-to-coast Bean Animal set up, and would like to get some opinions/advice. Understand that being fail safe is of utmost importance. The tank is going on wood floors, so floods would be horrible. I will do everything I can to ensure that the DT can take all water from the return pump chamber, and vice versa, the sump.can take all water from the DT.

First question, I want as big of a sump as possible. The largest that will fit under my stand seems to be a 29G. I would prefer bigger, has anyone made a custom sump themselves from acrylic?

I want a coast-to-coast, and doing one the whole way across will be the easiest, but what about the returns? I am going to drill the tank, so I can put them wherever. I am very very apprehensive about doing the returns under the overflow due to back flow flooding. Has anyone ever put the returns through the overflow? Also, has anyone had any luck getting acrylic to adhere to glass, or should I just just use glass for the overflow?

Last question for now, what size bulkheads and pipe should I use on a 75G with coast-to-coast and a Bean Animal?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 89 87.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back