New 90 gallon build, back in the hobby after 10+ years!

congerorama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, after a decade+ hiatus I've decided to jump back in. Lots to learn and pick back up, and the landscape has changed quite a bit! My tank isn't as large or as nice as many peoples', but I'm trying to do it right and make something nice of it. Comments, suggestions, and constructive criticisms are always welcome!

Here is my cabinet and me attempting to mount and wire things nicely before putting the tank on and locking the stand in place.

00_setup.jpg

01_setup.jpg

02_setup.jpg

03_setup.jpg

And here is the assembled tank along with where it resides in the room. The large bay window to the left does not receive direct sunlight in on the tank, and the left side of the tank has backing/film so the glass is blocked from behind and on the left to further protect from direct light. (photos below are from a couple of months after the above, long cycle time before any livestock were added)
04_room_placement.jpg

05_tank.jpg

29_tank_open.jpg

30_cabinet.jpg

31_cabinet.jpg

32_cabinet.jpg

OP
OP
congerorama

congerorama

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some closer shots of my rock work... I'm very happy with the right side, not so much the left as its fairly unimaginative but then again gives plenty of open water space and room for things to grow, so maybe it's OK.

06_tank.jpg

07_tank_left.jpg

08_tank_right.jpg

09_tank_right.jpg

10_tank_side.jpg

And my first two fish after a couple of months of cycling, a mated pair of Mocha Storm clowns :) They've been in for a couple of weeks now and seem very happy, energetic swimming and healthy eating.
40_clowns.jpg
40_clowns.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 44.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 81 46.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%
Back