New 90 gallon

dtracy1119

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2018
Messages
131
Reaction score
60
What state or country do you live in
Connecticut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting ready to go a bit bigger. Just got the trigger system emerald 34 inch sump. Man, this thing is a work of art. Finished my DIY stand and wondering what type of panel I should get for the bottom to support the sump. 1/2 or 1/4 plywood or should I get a much more durable piece?
20190420_162931.jpeg
20190414_185931.jpeg
 
Getting ready to go a bit bigger. Just got the trigger system emerald 34 inch sump. Man, this thing is a work of art. Finished my DIY stand and wondering what type of panel I should get for the bottom to support the sump. 1/2 or 1/4 plywood or should I get a much more durable piece?
+1 -- 1/2" plywood should be fine. I recommend that you paint/seal it before you put the panel in place to make sure that you also seal the sides of the plywood.
 
1/2" should be fine. Side question afte you converting from a durso to Herbie style overflow? I did it on mine and am super happy with it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new