New adaptive reef probe holder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just got in your last email the announcement of the new in-line probe holder from adaptive reef. From the picture, the pipe is metric, does it only clme with metric connections, or will it come with US sizes too? Also will it come in different diameters or not?

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I just got in your last email the announcement of the new in-line probe holder from adaptive reef. From the picture, the pipe is metric, does it only clme with metric connections, or will it come with US sizes too? Also will it come in different diameters or not?

It's in 3/4" , I use a lot of metric in stuff but always mill them out to fit US sizes.

Everything I do will be US if it's sold in the US so you can go 2 home depot and buy stuff that will glue to it.

OP
OP
CEReefer

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's in 3/4" , I use a lot of metric in stuff but always mill them out to fit US sizes.

Everything I do will be US if it's sold in the US so you can go 2 home depot and buy stuff that will glue to it.
That’s wonderful.. And let me tell you, you do some gorgeous stuff! BTW does it come with caps for the unused probe slots? (I.e. redox is useless for most of us)

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s wonderful.. And let me tell you, you do some gorgeous stuff! BTW does it come with caps for the unused probe slots? (I.e. redox is useless for most of us)
100% it does for all 4 lol just in case you want to not use it hahahah

Also thank you!

OP
OP
CEReefer

CEReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
100% it does for all 4 lol just in case you want to not use it hahahah

Also thank you!
I will do that, just to show off, but keep them all sealed. Ahahah.

Also, does your breakout panel work with Apex only or will it work with GHL as well?

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will do that, just to show off, but keep them all sealed. Ahahah.

Also, does your breakout panel work with Apex only or will it work with GHL as well?
Just Neptune right now.

I have a GHL one in the works as most of the job is done.

Reminds me to start bugging them lol.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@Elder1945 what is the overall length of the probe holder?

Mitch

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Elder1945 will the Apex temp probe fit in one of the ports? BTW thanks for the quick response.
Sadly no, it does not fit in almost anything we can find on the market.

However we are working on an adapter that will screw right into one of the ports.

I hope to have it done soon trust me I want too. :p

Drewbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Will this work well in a low flow return line? Or should I have it T'd off of it just looping back down into the sump for best results?
Andcspeaking of results , that is the purpose of this correct? Better, more stable readings with consistant flow and no air bubbles.. which would mean the best way to run the salinty probe without issues?

I have a 115 system with my main return being 1" @ 950-1150 gph to accommodate my pentair UV40 and 10x for chaeto based system... I'm replumbing to have a 2nd 3/4 return at maybe 180 gph just enough for emergency if main pump fails or power goes out to keep things turning over filtered and heated. So I was thinking of installing on this as it will be low flow and backup powered, so never Not running & a check valve would keep probe ends submerged, Even if the pump failed. (I just love the idea of the rest of the probe mounted so cleanly, for both maintenance and appearence.
Thanks!

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
Will this work well in a low flow return line? Or should I have it T'd off of it just looping back down into the sump for best results?
Andcspeaking of results , that is the purpose of this correct? Better, more stable readings with consistant flow and no air bubbles.. which would mean the best way to run the salinty probe without issues?

I have a 115 system with my main return being 1" @ 950-1150 gph to accommodate my pentair UV40 and 10x for chaeto based system... I'm replumbing to have a 2nd 3/4 return at maybe 180 gph just enough for emergency if main pump fails or power goes out to keep things turning over filtered and heated. So I was thinking of installing on this as it will be low flow and backup powered, so never Not running & a check valve would keep probe ends submerged, Even if the pump failed. (I just love the idea of the rest of the probe mounted so cleanly, for both maintenance and appearence.
Thanks!
The 180gph should be no issue, And yes it was made to help in consistency and to keep the probes clean.

We are working on an adapter for the Apex Temp probe now.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back