OP
OP
Kevin D

Kevin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much. Hopefully things will be getting better here soon. The Acropora I have is the same as the one I had many years ago. It’s pretty much brown and looks like a green velvet under blue light. It’s has small pylons that stick out of the ends of the branches. I can see them in there, they just haven’t reached out yet. Maybe he just needs a few more weeks to chill and for me to stop messing with the likes and salinity and alkalinity. The more I think about it, those things haven’t been stable yet at all since I spent the last week raising salinity and letting the alkalinity drop all while spending the last few weeks bumping the lights up and down. Lol. I should know better, I just freaked when the brain coral and acan went down hill and then noticed nothing was showing feeding tentacles.

Last edited:

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/lighting-spectra-photosynthesis-and-you.100170/#post-1108955

A5D03CF1-8A4B-4764-B31C-C9409885A00B.png

Ai hydra native color.

Zooox is an algae.

OP
OP
Kevin D

Kevin D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks and yes I am aware that zoox is an algae. As I had stated that my tank gets red through the white light which contains all spectrums including red. I feel my corals get enough red from that. Keep In mind that in the wild most red lighting is filtered out of the water very quickly so the red spectrum only hits corals that live in the shallows. Blue and violet penetrate much further which is why zoox are adapted to using this part of the spectrum. It’s a personal preference that I used in the past and had excellent growth so for now I prefer to stay in my comfort zone for the spectrum I use. I’m struggling more with the intensity settings of LED compared to CF which is what I’m was use to using in the past. Interesting article though. Thanks for sharing.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back