New Ai prime 16hd light

Shazam311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there all!

I recently purchased a new Ai prime 16hd light and had a question about lowering the intensity.

I've had my new light for a couple of days coming from a fluval Marine light on my nano tank (15). The corals seem to be LOVING the upgrade based on they are responding. I'm using a Saxby nano ab+ preset. Today I noticed my chalice coral had a tiny piece of whitening and can only imagine it's bleaching a little. My question is how do I lower the intensity so that it's not too much for my corals. I also started my acclimation at 35% with me having 27 days left to go. Any tips or info would be greatly appreciated!

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using the app on your phone and I can't imagine you wouldn't be, you just lower the slider bars to lower intensity. You could also just lower the acclimation intensity as well. 35% might be a little high coming from that Fluval. Depends on how high you mounted the AI Prime from the water. Best thing would probably be just to start the acclimation over and set it to 15% and let it go for 30 days from there.

Btw I would probably have that AI prime mounted at least 9" off the water for a little nano 15.

OP
OP
S

Shazam311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are using the app on your phone and I can't imagine you wouldn't be, you just lower the slider bars to lower intensity. You could also just lower the acclimation intensity as well. 35% might be a little high coming from that Fluval. Depends on how high you mounted the AI Prime from the water. Best thing would probably be just to start the acclimation over and set it to 15% and let it go for 30 days from there.

Btw I would probably have that AI prime mounted at least 9" off the water for a little nano 15.
Thank you so much for the info! It's definitely about 8-9" away. I was using the app so I'll switch over to the iPad from here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back