New anemone lost a tip?

  • Thread starter Thread starter kylef
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kylef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 3, 2021
Messages
23
Reaction score
55
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a 25 lagoon bubble tip and clownfish tank. All anemones are doing well, parameters are good. Yesterday I added this Sherman rose and it seems to be doing great but I just found the the very tip of one of its arms/tentacles had fallen off into the sand bed. Only about a 1/3 inch length. It’s under different lights than the LFS and stronger flow than the tank at the LFS. Anybody have any ideas/experience with this happening? Thanks in advance!

9C4CF796-62BB-4C90-A7E5-6601B137A27B.png
 
The clown most likely bit off the tentacle
 
Thought that might be the case
 
I think nems can slough off tips if the growth is not optimal enough after currents have been changed, like when a nem is freshly moved.

I have only ever seen it with those small extra tips on double branched tentacles but it happened right after I replaced a powerhead and decided to place the new one slightly higher. Since I have only ever seen double branching growth after similar changes to current, my guess would be that a natural sloughing off process is possible.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new