NEW APEX AND EB8 European Release Date

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok,.. that is what I assumed... than I asked if would still have the remaining connections which is apparently something you are not willing to disclose and I totally get it. These additional connections are key for me though, as they help remove the usual cable clutter under the tank, and are a great hook to get additional Neptune equipment.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand the physical size argument of UK powers outlets, but why can't we have the addition functionality of the EB8, With just 6 outlets? I bet the new GHL Profilux 4 won't be short changing the rest of the world, think I'll wait for that...

m0jjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can understand the physical size argument of UK powers outlets, but why can't we have the addition functionality of the EB8, With just 6 outlets? I bet the new GHL Profilux 4 won't be short changing the rest of the world, think I'll wait for that...

I fully agree with this.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just placed an order for a Profilux 4 set today. I did intend to go with Apex but the following made me change my mind:

1- price: the set including controller, 4 probes and a power bar cost me 630€ (pre launch price). The new Apex (with the old EB6) is marked at 900€ at some retailers which means I would need to pay 50% more for a comparable kit. Taxes obviously play an important part in this as I imagine the ser in the us is much cheaper but there you go: for me the Apex in Europe is 50% more expensive;

2- market commitment: from this and other threads it seems that Europe is not a key market for Neptune. I am not criticizing, it is just the way it is. The fact that it may take 18months just to release a new power bar to my demonstrates that Europe is not at the top of the priorities. Probably this is related to production capacity being absorbed mostly by the US, so that is where resources are allocated. As I said, I am not jining but it is what it feels.

3- Alk and Calcium monitoring "coming soon". This o e is a bonus. Having the habilita to constantly monitor these parameters and automate two part based on consumption is a dream. I understand that these may take a long time to arrive but if there is even the possibility of having them I am all for it.

Why did I want to go with Apex? Fusion. I believe it is much more intuitive and user friendly and to me that is a key feature of a controller experience. If it is difficult to setup you will likely not use it to its full potential.

Anyway, my two cents. I believe that this is useful feedback for Terrence hence I am putting it here.

Thanks.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 164 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back