New Apex Fusion User Interface..My Initial Thoughts

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up today...check my aquarium (before I brush my teeth, don't judge me) and was asked to log into Fusion...and a new user Interface (UI) is available...somewhat limited...and yep..my Innovative Marine Nano 20 is not listed. The custom settings does not allow exact settings, even though there is a dot to enter, it will not work. Also, the UI is doesn't allow user access to other areas...it is all grayed out. I do noticed for lighting, only ONE option and that is SkY, which I do not have...I give it a 3 out of 10 so far since I can't really do anything with it other than the main readings are consolidated in a smaller space. Since this is beta, I will wait for the rest of the roll out and options for none SKY users...

Screenshot_20210921-072700_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20210921-072718_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20210921-072737_APEX Fusion.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new user interface can be disabled so it goes back to what you were used to seeing. Follow these steps:

1. Click the icon at the bottom right to get to your dashboard:
25E452BB-4E2F-4F8E-AE2A-136933F82CB6.jpeg

2. Click the menu icon at the top left:
FD2CC894-1DC1-408A-A889-2B19BE46131E.jpeg

3. Turn off the Beta UI switch:
28DF889A-65B9-4213-BFB6-FD73EDD179AA.jpeg

That’s it. You’ll now see you original dashboard whenever you launch the Fusion app.

If you ever want to go back to the Beta UI, click the “New” icon at the bottom right:
436C27FE-E4F3-4381-A5B0-1D63E600D267.jpeg

Last edited:

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Honestly, I was struggling with pH for the longest and I was using co2 scrubber with very little change .
The minute I started dosing 2 part now I'm having a hard time bringing it down. Not a bad problem to have!

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woke up today...check my aquarium (before I brush my teeth, don't judge me) and was asked to log into Fusion...and a new user Interface (UI) is available...somewhat limited...and yep..my Innovative Marine Nano 20 is not listed. The custom settings does not allow exact settings, even though there is a dot to enter, it will not work. Also, the UI is doesn't allow user access to other areas...it is all grayed out. I do noticed for lighting, only ONE option and that is SkY, which I do not have...I give it a 3 out of 10 so far since I can't really do anything with it other than the main readings are consolidated in a smaller space. Since this is beta, I will wait for the rest of the roll out and options for none SKY users...

Screenshot_20210921-072700_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20210921-072718_APEX Fusion.jpg Screenshot_20210921-072737_APEX Fusion.jpg

I concur with your general assessment. The new UI is almost antithesis to the dashboard we are accustomed to. If it were possible to add more cards (or widget somethings) with favorite switches and some other details, perhaps it would be better.

Right now, the term Beta seems even a misnomer. I’d call it Alpha, at best.

There is too much wasted space with the new interface and it seems incoherent.

They definitely have some stream lining to do. They could start by removing the obnoxious almost 1/2” tank name banner along the top when you swipe up for “advanced” view. They also need to fix the hangs and black screens and misdrawn dialog boxes on the iPad version. It is basically unusable for me.

I guess time will tell. I’ve rated it appropriately as well.

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I concur with your general assessment. The new UI is almost antithesis to the dashboard we are accustomed to. If it were possible to add more cards (or widget somethings) with favorite switches and some other details, perhaps it would be better.

Right now, the term Beta seems even a misnomer. I’d call it Alpha, at best.

There is too much wasted space with the new interface and it seems incoherent.

They definitely have some stream lining to do. They could start by removing the obnoxious almost 1/2” tank name banner along the top when you swipe up for “advanced” view. They also need to fix the hangs and black screens and misdrawn dialog boxes on the iPad version. It is basically unusable for me.

I guess time will tell. I’ve rated it appropriately as well.
I am with you on everything you mentioned...the Neptune rep. said this is where the App will go
Honestly, I was struggling with pH for the longest and I was using co2 scrubber with very little change .
The minute I started dosing 2 part now I'm having a hard time bringing it down. Not a bad problem to have!
Which two parts are you dosing with? I have the CO2 scrubber and Kalk going and it works, but the side effects is it raises my ALK (10-111) and CA (600+) I was using All for Reef, but I suspended dosing since my ALK and CA are extremely high

OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually don't mind the condensed new screen of the interface (gives you all of the important information at a glance). If we could customize this it would be awesome!
That would be awesome, wouldn't it? As I mentioned the folks at Neptune are taking feedback. I mentioned that in the Aquarium customized section, where the user gets to input the dimensions of their own tank, there are decimal points on the screen, however, you are not able to use them. They were not aware of it. I have an Innovative Marine Fusion Nano 20, not listed on their list, so I thought I could customize the size. But it is a BETA version of the App...

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I am with you on everything you mentioned...the Neptune rep. said this is where the App will go

Which two parts are you dosing with? I have the CO2 scrubber and Kalk going and it works, but the side effects is it raises my ALK (10-111) and CA (600+) I was using All for Reef, but I suspended dosing since my ALK and CA are extremely high
I dose brightwell aquatic 2 parts. It's very accurate and has trace element as well

Yazannreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
pH is off the charts. It concerns me now going overboard but I set my apex to turn off skimmer and Neptune Dos when it reaches 8.4. I might start breathing on my tank heavily so I can get some co2 going!

I also suspect my air conditioner is playing an affect in the Abundance of O2 and not enough Co2 in the house.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210923-172500.jpg
    Screenshot_20210923-172500.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
jphilip813

jphilip813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH is off the charts. It concerns me now going overboard but I set my apex to turn off skimmer and Neptune Dos when it reaches 8.4. I might start breathing on my tank heavily so I can get some co2 going!

I also suspect my air conditioner is playing an affect in the Abundance of O2 and not enough Co2 in the house.
Do you have a Solenoid attached so that it can assist in lower your ph.. Similar to what I have here...although I am the Co2 scrubber and Kalk mixer on mine...

Attachments

• 20210917_203602.jpg
    20210917_203602.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 47

marcus07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the dark theme no longer a thing? I cant figure out how to get it back. any help would be appreciated.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is the dark theme no longer a thing? I cant figure out how to get it back. any help would be appreciated.
Dark Mode is no longer a dedicated option within the Fusion app. Instead, if your phone is configured for Dark Mode, then Fusion will display dark. If your phone is not set for Dark Mode, it will display normally. It just follows your phone's settings.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back