New Apex with Trident, a few questions.

Crazyju

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received an apex, trident, and dos system. Setup went smoothly and all seems to be working well. Currently I am changing 30ish gallons a week with an installed pump in the tank pumping to a waste drain, and a separate pump located 60 ft away in another room pumping in the new water. I also have an ato located at the same location. I already have a power line, a 1/4" tube for ato fill, and a 1/2" tube for filling the tank with saltwater. Can the Neptune ATk be used remotely without running anymore cables/hoses, and can the dos be hooked up to a 1/2" tubing and pull water at that distance?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A remote ATK of that distance requires an additional FMM module connected by a long AquaBus cable:

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.32.21 PM.png

For the DOS, I assume it would work if you have the proper 1/2" to 1/4" fitting, but I haven't tested it or heard of anyone else who has. Only one way to find out...

OP
OP
Crazyju

Crazyju

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A remote ATK of that distance requires an additional FMM module connected by a long AquaBus cable:

Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 5.32.21 PM.png

For the DOS, I assume it would work if you have the proper 1/2" to 1/4" fitting, but I haven't tested it or heard of anyone else who has. Only one way to find out...

Thanks, Using your diagram, Can I not extend the pump wiring and hook to the fmm_atk?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back