New Aqua one 120 set up

chegz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up this Aqua one 120 set up off marketplace for a decent price. Still had the plastic on the cabinet. It’s basically brand new only set up for a couple of weeks then seller bought a bigger set up. He had a few aqua one reef systems. But this just didn’t fit his space. Gave it a clean with salt and vinegar water and let it dry. Washed all pumps etc in the same and let dry. Got everything filled and cycling today. Picked up a new ai hydra 32 hd for lighting. Which I won’t bother with until cycle is complete etc. I have a smart ato lite top off going on the sump. I decided to delete the sock it came with and changed it to a Red Sea media cup and filter floss and pad. It came with two aqua one pro skimmers. Handy for spare parts. I have a 2 and a half kilo chunk of live rock, coral rubble and a nitrifying block in the sump.
the scape was built by a legend at my lfs Gallery Aquatica here in Australia.
It took 10kg of sand to get a nice deep sand bed. I chose a medium crushed aragonite sand as I collect fungia and want to utilise all that open sand bed this time round.
145 litres of nsw to fill. I did add rodi water though to lower the salinity for the Dr Tims one and only.
FC48CD3B-D121-461D-862E-D24552FB44C6.jpeg
This is my second reef tank and this time around I’ve got a better idea of what I want and how to achieve it. This reef journey has only begun. Excited to see where it goes.

kados

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're off to a great start it appears. Awesome scape, very clean. Good luck with the build. Keep the updates coming.

OP
OP
chegz

chegz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So any ideas as to what fish you're going with?
Not yet we’ve got ideas but nothing set in stone. We’ve got a 1200 coming soon as well so it may become a grow out tank. In my other tank I have two chocolaris clowns and a pistol shrimp yellow watchman goby pair. I’m more a coral fan but so far we’re thinking of a hawk flame, standard clown pair and possibly a bi colour blenny maybe some cardinals. This tank is basically a coral tank to save my fungia from the pistol shrimps excavations and so I can have corals I can’t have in my other display.

OP
OP
chegz

chegz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're off to a great start it appears. Awesome scape, very clean. Good luck with the build. Keep the updates coming.
Will do and thank you. I’ll call this the less is more until the corals take over anyway

OP
OP
chegz

chegz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9FD46E57-F7A9-49D8-BE05-9917DDA30677.jpeg
Set up the Hydra 32 today. Just have to attach the power box somewhere behind the little white cabinet. Once I work out my cord management I’ll take a pick. Of the sump. But hey it’s only day 4-5 of the cycle so no rush

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back